Change for Good
Participants in our programs paid $1.86 million in child support in 2018, contributing to the well-being of more than 7,300 children.
Together we make South Carolina a better place for fathers and families. We educate decision makers about how better policies for fathers can:
- Promote greater responsibility and productivity
- Meet the state’s growing workforce demands
- Reduce demands on social services
- Increase fathers’ abilities to meet child support needs
- Help men achieve better physical and emotional health
- Reduce incarcerations—for fathers and their children
- Keep more children out of foster care
Policy change in action
- In 2018, Jobs Not Jail saved $9.65 million in taxpayer funded incarceration costs.
- Because no amount of jail time can solve child support issues for a father, Jobs Not Jail also increased child support payments statewide.
- Launched in 2006, Jobs Not Jail has delivered a $5 return on every $1 invested by helping fathers solve the root issues of their inability to pay child support.