Unemployment or low wages are often the reasons many fathers struggle with making child support payments and meeting other financial obligations.
Many fathers face multiple barriers to getting and keeping jobs:
- Low education levels
- Lack of transportation
- Limited work experience and skills
- Physical or mental health issues
- Criminal records
Our fatherhood programs help men overcome these barriers by:
- Teaching job readiness and retention skills
- Providing transportation to and from training classes
- Assisting with job placement
- Improving and maintaining physical and mental health
- Getting a criminal record expungement
Watch Ron Pyett’s story about how our job readiness program led to a new career.
Fathers who are incarcerated solely for failure to pay child support can participate in Jobs Not Jail.