Fathers face many negative stereotypes.
Communities have every reason to change these perceptions.
Data shows that when fathers are engaged in positive ways, the impact is felt by the entire community through:
- Lower juvenile crime rates
- Greater engagement by children at school
- Increased stability for families and neighborhoods
- Less stress on community services to support struggling families
- Lower rates of child abuse and domestic violence
Those positive impacts increase the odds that communities can break generational poverty cycles. Entire neighborhoods can see their standard of living lifted up when dads are a valued resource. That’s one more reason we collaborate with community groups to support fathers.
Help us build better communities for all of us. Donate