Fathers have the potential to change our future.
We bring attention to problems, policy challenge and best practices, then tackle issues that unintentionally keep fathers and children apart. Our work is motivated by families and shaped by evidence.
Quantify our impact.
We measure the impact of our work to make informed decisions and achieve a strong return on investment. The Center and local programs collect quantitative and qualitative data and provide cost-benefit analysis whenever possible.
Share lessons learned with key people.
We support the important role of fathers by sharing lessons learned through local programs with key people, which include: social workers, attorneys, public policymakers, judges, law enforcement, educators, business leaders, healthcare professionals, employers, other family members, members of the religious community and fatherhood and family service organizations across the United States.
Focus on quality improvement.
We use data to create a culture of continuous quality improvement. All local programs use the same database in order to capture our collective story by the numbers.
We’re working to elevate fatherhood because it’s a proven way to lift up children and families. Children lead happier, healthier, more successful lives when responsible fathers are actively involved.
How do we elevate fatherhood initiatives nationwide?
- Serve as the hub of a statewide network with the shared goal of helping fathers see their value and be responsible, confident and supportive dads
- Provide resources for fathers to help them understand and fulfill legal obligations
- Reduce incarceration rates related to non-payment of child support and help fathers maintain employment and income through Jobs Not Jail
- Collect, analyze and interpret data for evidence-based decision making
- Act as a thought leader to inform practitioners, policy makers and the public about the importance of fathers, father-friendly policies and quality fatherhood programs
- Share expertise with other organizations that want to support fathers and families